Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Sounds of "3 year old"

Already this morning my 3 year old and I have had 2 conversations that began with, "Where are your pants at?" The second time those words came out of my mouth it got me thinking about all the strange things that are said at our house. Any house containing children is no doubt filled with ridiculous phrases, conversations and odd noises. These days I find myself in the strangest situations and discussing topics I never knew required discussion.

Here is a current sneak peak into our home:

"No Jonas's ears are not suction cups, and please stop pulling on them, they are attached to his head." (thank you veggie tales)

"Sweetie Jonas doesn't want any pop tart, thank you for sharing but he doesn't have any teeth." "Joe, why you have no teeth?" "Joshua take your hand out of Jonas's mouth!" "But, he have no teeth, Joe have no teeth, why? why? Why, Jonas have no teeth?" (this still baffles Joshua most days)

"Where daddy at?" "Your dad is working, he's at the church." "Dada drives School bus at church!?!" "No, daddy drives the school bus and then goes to work at the church."
2 mins. later, "Where daddy at?" "I told you sweetie dad's at work." "Joe, dada has school bus at church." "Joshua stop telling your brother that. Daddy does not have the bus at church. Wait what am I saying Jonas doesn't care. Joshua, go play." ( Luke having 2 jobs is super confusing for Joshua most days.)

Joshua still consistently stands up at church and declares "that's my daddy!"

The other day when Luke was out of town Joshua and I sat down for lunch while Jonas was napping. "Mom, Jonas is crying." "No he's not, he's sleeping." "No, He crying." I jumped up to check, but I still didn't hear anything. "Mom you better go, Joe is crying." "Joshua, he is not, I just checked." "ok, but he crying." I walk closer and closer still not hearing anything, I get right to where Jonas is, and he looks and me and cries a little. I picked him up and brought him to the table."See Jonas was awake." I'm still not sure how he knew it.

Here are some strange things I end up saying:

"Stop licking your brother's face."
"Why did you pee there?"
"Why would I have to tell you not to put sand into your ear"
"Stop hugging people we don't know"
"take your foot out of his mouth"
"Take that pacifier out of your ear and give it back to him"

That's just this week so far...
It's such an adventure here.

1 comment:

  1. I loved every one of them. Little ones are curious, but that's how they learn. Thanks for sharing with us what some day will be wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete