Friday, February 24, 2012

God's Will-Inside the Red Sea

We've been having a great week full of new experiences and making our house into our home! I have spent countless hours unpacking boxes, hanging pictures and wondering how it is possible that we could own so much STUFF!

 A bit of a spiritual note for those who have missed that in my last few posts. My husband has been thoughtful enough (and also learned from experience) to give me a morning a week that I can truly spend in God's Word & Prayer. This is something that aim for everyday, but as a mother who is rarely found without a 2 extra pairs of blue eyes peeking over her shoulder, it is nice to have a day that I know I can spend quality, uninterrupted time focusing on God's will. This week I headed to a Starbucks in Denver and settled in comfortably. I have a devotional that from time to time I pull out and add to my reading: "Great Days with Great Lives". I wouldn't say that I love it, but I often find it hits me right where I need it, or offers me several "nuggets" that I ponder throughout the week. Moses was the focus of this weeks passage. A story that I've heard since I was probably 3, but it amazes me that the Bible is so timeless and consistently relevant that I can always learn something new or see something from a brand new perspective.

God's timing is found all throughout the story of Moses and the Israelites. There are so many times that God could have intervened or answered the people's pleas, but He waited for His timing and His plan. God's timing and Plan are perfect and have nothing at all to do with our own timetables, a truth that often frustrates me completely. My frustration however comes from my total lack of understanding not only of what the future may hold, but also who God is. Where then do I find a peace in trusting in God's time and His will? - in what I do know. The Bible is true. God is faithful. God was amazingly faithful to Moses even when there was no easy solution. He parted the Red Sea!! If that doesn't show that God is willing to do whatever it takes in the right timing, I don't know what does.

This had me thinking about our own lives (my family) and the timing of our move and where God's will is taking our lives. God could have chosen to move us at any time but he didn't, he chose now. In God's will is an incredible place to be, like inside the Red Sea, it is amazing.
A little Blurry, but the boys new tape recorder


Other mentionables of the week include a cassette recorder with 2 microphones that I scored at Savers for a dollar. I knew it was perfect for our kids when I noticed It had 2 microphones and not one. The boys LOVE IT! They have been singing and recording and playing back and loving it. I had to round up some blank cassette tapes, but one call to my mom and she had several in the mail so we are set for a while. Church has been great and Joshua is really enjoying Awana. Jonas loves going to the nursery during the service and I cannot even begin to explain how great it has been actually getting to hear a sermon "live". The kids also had a super fun time at Chick-fil-a today. We stopped in to have lunch and they got to run around in the play place there. Joe was so sad when we left and Joshua has already asked when we can go back to "Chick-Way again."

We are settling in, making new friends and seeing where God's will takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment