Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things I think are Genius

Here is  a list of just a few things I think are genius inventions. Things that often cause me to pause and give appreciation for their exsistance.

1. Netflix- it combines 2 things I love: Movies and getting Mail

2. The Oven Light - I am fascinated by watching my food cook

3. The Bounce Dryer Bar- No longer do I find little shriveled up dryer sheets in the hall, my bedroom floor or stuck in my pant leg.

4. Automatic Doors on my Van - I never knew how much work opening a door was until I didn't have to do it anymore.

5. Automatic turn off on the Iron- Saved me from burning down my house many times

6. The turbo setting on the curling iron- I had no idea this even existed until a few months ago since I was still using the dinosaur I bought in 1990 but I'm very impressed that I no longer have to brush my teeth, put on my make up and eat breakfast while my curling iron is heating up. I push one button and it's hot in a flash.

7. The Remote Control Baby Mobile- No longer do parents have to rush in and re-wind the mobile we stand out in the hall and push a button now.

8. Butter Cooking Spray- My mother always had me greasing baking dishes by rubbing a squishy stick of greasy butter around, but now thanks to modern technology I merely spray an even layer of butter and never risk greasy finger.

9. Dual front seat Heating options- Clearly invented by a woman who was tired of freezing. I love that my husband can have his half of the front seat one temp and I can have mine different.

10. The Oven Timer- For people like me who can't remember to look at the clock

11. 100 calorie Packs- because we don't like to have to figure out the correct portion size. This way I don't  "accidentally" eat more than I mean to.

12. Google- I could actually write an entire blog or even a book about how much I adore Google. I'm from a generation that still had to go to the library when we wanted to find something out. Now an entire world of answers is available just by clicking "search" . As a result I google EVERYTHING! I'm constantly thinking of things I want to know more about and 'click' I have everything at my finger tips.I Love You Google!

13. The 18 count pack of Eggs- Sometimes 12 is just one too few but with 18 I have time to think uh-oh better put eggs on the shopping list.

14. The Pack'n'Play- a crib that folds down for travel and pops up when you need it! Traveling with your
 baby just got easier.

15. Anti Freezing Wiper fluid- because you don't always have time to scrape your windows. Or sometimes you forget and accidentally push the wiper button and now you don't have to worry about it icing up the window just because you forgot that it was only 29 degrees out.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a list. I was going to add something, but I still close my own car doors, by my eggs a dozen at a time and get my movies off of TV, not the mailman. However, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time, but it was so long ago, I forgot if it was genius or not.

    ReplyDelete