Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Almost 30

I'm turning 29 in a few months which isn't a big milestone, infact most of the people who read this will think that's quite young - and it is. I have just a little over a year before I turn 30. Even though 18 is the age when you are considered an adult I think that 30 is thought of as the age when you finally have to start acting like an adult, be responsible. Many times throughout my 20's I've done something and thought to myself, that's  probably something I can't do anymore once I'm 30. So here is a short list of things that I vowed I wouldn't do once I turned 30.

-Wear jeans with "stylish" tears and holes in them
- Use the word sucks to describe situations I dislike
- Wear sandals with no socks in the dead of winter
- Listen to Destiny's Child or any Beyonce' booty shakin' type music with my windows down
- Say "What up Dog" when I answer my cell phone

Really this list is much longer but I think this makes the point. I have one year left to get all of this nonsense out of my system. Will I actually no longer wear hole-y jeans once I hit the big 30? I'm not sure. I'd like to say that I will then be evolved enough to realize that old worn looking clothes are no more of a fashion statement than when I spill juice on my shirt mid morning and continue to wear it throughout the day, but in the end I'm not sure. So if two years from now you see me in January and I'm wearing torn up jeans with sandals, driving and talking on my cell phone telling someone how bad my day sucked while Bootylicious plays in the background - I think that it will be safe to assume I took a wrong turn somewhere. 29 I'm ready for you.

2 comments: