Thursday, October 11, 2012

Keeping up with Christmas

I feel like I've had about 20 different projects half done, or just started. Finally this week I am getting to a few of them. In fact Jonas napped for over an hour today and I got so much accomplished!

I have been in a very premature Christmas-y mood lately while working on a couple of Christmas projects, and Luke has mentioned several times how "creepy" it is to be listening to Christmas music at the beginning of October. I say, "whatever it takes to get me in the mood to finish these Christmas gifts."
This is a "not quite finished" Christmas project that I have been chipping away at.


This year I've decided to give a few more handmade gifts than I usually do. I LOVE receiving homemade gifts and it's getting rare to get something so unique anymore. The problem with wanting to make gifts however, is the time it takes to do it, which is exactly why I have started so early :) A few of the projects are surprises for people who read this so those will of course remain secret, but I'm happy to share the rest!

I've thinking about making a pouch for the boys' characters and I finally put one together this week!

I still need to add the closure, but I think the boys are really going to LOVE these!
I finished Joshua's character set- it includes Super Why & Dino Dan on the left



Joshua is so happy to be back at school this week after missing 2 days for our getaway and then his school's fall break. Jonas has finally chosen his birthday party theme and much to my disappointment he did not choose a dino party. He seemed to really want a jungle themed party and since he's a much better talker than Joshua was at almost 2, Jonas has clearly spoken his choice.

This is the beginning of Joe's Birthday Banner

Joe has been loving the decor I made for his cake table
caught trying to get into it! Sweet Little Hands :)
 I managed to get the Boys' names up on the wall in their play room (Special thanks to Toni, for making them for me, we love them). I also ordered a couple of poster pictures when Walgreens had a special on them. I only paid $2 a piece for the 2 you see and they are soooo cute and nice quality, I wish I had ordered more of them, but you never know what they are like until you try. Next time I'm for sure ordering more! The boys love the one of them with their South Dakota buddies!



More to come on my Christmas projects as well as a few thoughts on Numbness to the Word, something we have been talking about in Sunday School. Next week I will have more blogging time - Luke will be out of town for a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment