Monday, March 19, 2012

4 Years Already

Joshua is 4!

I'm gonna go ahead and give the standard mom exclamation, "I can't believe he is already 4!" Over the weekend we had a few new friends over for a birthday party, a Pirate birthday party of course. Joshua is still quite obsessed with pirates and his birthday was one big pirate whirlwind.  He'd been requesting his party be pirate themed for quite a while so he was very pleased to see that his pleas had been heard.

He had the best day! Lots of fun with his new friends, and of course cake, ice cream, and presents! Luke's parents sent a super fun pirate water table that the kids had a blast with. Our backyard has become quite the play place with the new water table and also a sandbox (Joshua's gift from my mother).The kids all ran and played, and of course pretended to be pirates. I was exhausted by the end of the day but luckily we had our Marci here to help out! Joshua was so excited that Marci came to visit this weekend. It was an added bonus that she flew here because that meant we got to drive to the airport and see all the planes too.

Today is the actual birthday and we've had a relaxing family day together. I took a few special pictures of my Big Boy and for some reason he wanted to wear his Superman footsie jammies in them. Of all the crazy things in his closet I think that he picked the craziest, but I wanted to capture his true character so I went along with it.


So hard to think that he's the same kid that was so frail at birth. God has already done such a work in Joshua and I know he isn't finished. We are so blessed everyday by his smiles, his giggles and his silly preschooler antics. If you haven't heard Joshua's story you can find it here on my blog: http://truepastorswife.blogspot.com/2011/03/joshua-miracle.html
It's an amazing one filled with God's grace, love, faithfulness and holiness.
Happy Birthday Joshua!






1 comment:

  1. Just wait until he wants to get married. You'll be shaking your head and saying, "Wasn't he just turning four." Life has a way of speeding up on us.

    ReplyDelete